Radio News Manager - Global News Toronto
Radio News Manager - Global News Toronto
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
Our culture and our people are what make us, US.
We have a passion to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Our award-winning culture is an expression of who we are, what we do, and how we thrive. Our values describe our culture in action. They outline how we achieve our goals, work together, engage with partners, and interact in our communities. At Corus, we Win Together, Think Beyond, Make it Happen, Learn Every Day and Show We Care.
Ready to join US?
Division: Global News Toronto
Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON (Onsite)
About the Role:
Global News has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Radio News Manager to join their team. Reporting to the News Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our radio news teams on 640 Toronto Radio. The successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
You will contribute by:
The following is an outline of some but not all the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- Daily coordination with TV to determine assignments, content-gathering needs and opportunities.
- Manage day-to-day resources of 640 Toronto radio stations.
- Responsible for the on-air sound and feel of all newscasts.
- Working with anchors and reporters to ensure programming aligns with the strategic vision for 640 Toronto radio.
- Working with other platforms to identify and execute original content.
- Understand and adhere to Global News’ Journalistic Principles and Practices.
- Vetting scripts to ensure broadcast standards.
- Provide leadership and guidance to newsroom staff.
- Work with staff to develop skills and provide regular performance reviews.
- Oversee various operational requirements pertaining to performance, hiring, onboarding, discipline, scheduling and timesheets.
- Ensure essential communication between staff and all platforms.
- Along with the News Director, Assignment Editor and Supervising Producer, help drive the editorial direction of Global Toronto/640 Toronto to ensure content aligns with our news strategy and resources.
- Work with leadership teams across all platforms to coordinate resources for all special projects and requests.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and experience you bring:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A broadcast-related degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- At least 10 years of experience with a proven record of strong news judgment.
- A natural leader and effective communicator with a positive outlook and vision for the future.
- Expert in radio news with a solid understanding of online and television news.
- Must be familiar with and demonstrate Corus values at all times.
- Highly motivated, organized, innovative and able to make quick and effective decisions under pressure.
- Passionate about journalism, especially local news.
- A willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as show a willingness to learn new skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude, proven track record of accountability.
Application Deadline: February 23, 2024
Every day, we work hard to become an even more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that supports the well-being of our people and makes a positive difference in our communities. Want to learn more? Have a look at our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Action Plan and Sustainability Report for more information on our approach to People, Planet and Responsibility.
We want our workforce to reflect the full diversity of communities across Canada.
We are committed to providing an accessible experience for candidates of all abilities. Please let your recruiter or the hiring manager know if you require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process or email us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply: If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PG-Programming
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary