Find your next role
Discover amazing opportunities across our network of companies committed to gender equality in the workplace.
Amazon’s Global Risk Management and Claims (GRMC) team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated International Risk Analyst to join the corporate risk team. This role will work with the International Risk Manager assisting the development and management of a variety of Amazon’s global programs. These programs include International Casualty, Directors & Officers, Medical Liability, FinPro, Trade Credit, and other insurance programs. Our team’s role is critical to ensuring Amazon’s risk transfer practices are meeting compulsory insurance obligations as well as the evaluating and understanding of emerging risks globally.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of commercial insurance placements and structures applicable to multinational corporations, as well as, risk management and compliance frameworks, coupled with exceptional planning and critical thinking skillsets.
Key job responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage premium payment processes and administration with brokers and carriers
- Assist with management of carrier accounts in the vendor management system
- Identify, communicate, and champion process improvement opportunities
- Assist Risk Manager with risk assessments and mitigation
- Collect, evaluate, collate, and prepare for submission all exposure data, information, legal documents, etc. that is needed for program renewals and new coverage placements, audits, forecasting and allocation purposes
- Assist in developing business proposals and case studies for presentation to senior leaders
- Manage administration around insurance policies and forms, reinsurance contracts, and vendor contracts
- Draft all necessary documentation related to obtaining approvals for renewals and new placements
- Assist Risk Manager in drafting of any white papers required to support programs
- Work with brokers on smaller placements to determine appropriate carrier options to choose
- Conduct contract reviews recommending insurance requirements in alignment with Amazon risk tolerance levels and insurance program; this includes working with internal contract owners to deliver suggested revisions and direct consultation with external partners as needed
- Oversee insurance coordination activities related to mergers and acquisitions
- Partner with international claims and internal business stakeholders on insurance program changes, retentions, and exposures
- Provide risk consultation on contractual risk transfer techniques in addition to insurance specific provisions and assist in evaluating risk of new programs to determine necessity for new placements or determining if coverage is already a part of existing programs
- Manage updates to language on various internal sites related to methods for requesting certificates, how to obtain contract reviews, and basic coverage information
- Manage input of necessary data points into various internal data analytics systems, including the Risk Management Information System (RMIS) for managing exposures and policies
- Work collaboratively with the Risk Managers and Analysts of the broader corporate risk related to areas of overlap of coverage and provide backup as needed
- Provide risk management consultation and guidance to internal customers
- Assist Risk Manager on collection and review of necessary legal documents and exposure information for insurance placements, renewals, audits, forecasting, and allocation purposes
- Training new team members across the broader Corporate Risk team
- Ability to travel
A day in the life
Reporting to a Risk Manager within GRMC’s Corporate Risk team, this position will join a technical risk team that is responsible for assessing, mitigating, and managing Amazon’s global insurance programs. The successful candidate is a strong team player and comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The Risk Analyst supports insurance program management, global contract review, implements risk management solutions for new and existing business initiatives, and has ownership of the management of certain programs and policies. The Risk Analyst will work with a network of internal business teams including operations, finance, and legal as well as external partners to scale department and program support.
About the team
International Risk is one of 4 teams in the larger corporate risk team. These teams report to the Director of Risk Management which includes claims. Corporate risk and claims are part of the larger Global Risk Management and Claims (GRMC) organization within Treasury.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Nashville, TN, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of demonstrated knowledge with large commercial liability, property, directors & officers, fiduciary, crime, trade credit, and other corporate risk management insurance programs including placement and management, brokerage, insurance consulting, and contract reviews
- BA/BS degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or another quantitative field
- Advanced computer skills (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and data analytic capabilities.
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPCU/ARM)
- Interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with employees and outside partners
- Effective multi-tasking skills and ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Knowledge of international insurance program experience
- Knowledge of a variety of corporate alternative risk transfer and risk financing options including the use of captives
- Project management skills
- Highly analytical, including use of RMIS and computer modeling, with ability to use data to drive desired results and support intelligent risk taking
- Ability to develop and foster strategic relationships and partner with business operations
- Understanding of and ability to navigate global insurance regulations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $59,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $142,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.