AppSec AI Security, Amazon Stores
In Amazon Stores, we ship some of the widest arrays of technology found at any company. From amazon.com to world class machine learning pipelines, from cutting-edge digital healthcare to no-checkout retail, we push the boundaries of technology in every direction using the globe’s largest AWS deployment.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated AI Application Security Engineer to join our team. As an AI Appsec Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the security, integrity, and ethical use of our AI-generated content and systems. You will be responsible for securing and implementing robust security measures to safeguard our AI models, data, and applications, while also contributing to the enhancement of our generative AI technologies.
The ideal candidate combines technical acumen with an ability to lead by influence and communicate clearly. In their communication, they will clearly articulate risks to technical and non-technical audiences alike. Interpersonally, successful candidates will effectively harmonize disparate opinions while effectively prioritizing risks to guide their partners towards secure solutions.
Our organization prizes its employees, and we show it through investing in work-life harmony. We have dedicated resources that consistently innovate in reducing on-call time and ensuring the team spend their time on the highest-value tasks. Join the stores AppSec organization to work hard, have fun, and make history.
Key job responsibilities
* Collaborate with AI researchers and developers to integrate security best practices into the AI model development lifecycle.
* Design, develop, and deploy security mechanisms to protect against adversarial attacks, data breaches, and other security vulnerabilities in AI systems.
* Conduct thorough security assessments and audits of our AI models, identifying potential risks and proposing mitigation strategies.
* Conduct Threat Modeling, Design Reviews and
Security Testing for AI/LLM
* Manual and Automated Secure Code Review for AI/LLM apps.
* Research and stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in AI security, adversarial machine learning, and privacy-preserving techniques.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations related to AI security and data privacy.
* Drive the design and implementation of data protection measures to ensure the responsible and ethical use of AI-generated content.
* Contribute to the development of guidelines and policies for secure AI model deployment and maintenance.
* Effectively navigate novel situations and problems that do not have a defined solution
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Atlanta, GA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
* BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
* A minimum of two years of hands-on experience in the field of AI technology is required for this position.
* A minimum of 3 years experience with at least three of the following: threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, penetration testing, cloud security, mobile security, and network security.
* Knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security.
* Experience reading and writing in at least one programming language.
* You demonstrate excellent judgement in assessing and prioritizing technical risk
* You have a strong application security background with a focus on scalable solutions
* You have experience building and securing complex AWS architecture
* You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* You effectively negotiate priorities across teams to achieve challenging goals and security debt reduction
* You have experience creating processes that drive consistent security outcomes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $136,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $247,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.